5 Ways Cisco’s Unified Computing System Will Benefit Your Business


Cisco logoOne of the most notable names in IT, Cisco have been around since 1984 and have continually grown, developed and expanded to produce products that meet the ever-changing requirements of IT and business.

Having a vast array of different products on offer, one of their most notable is the Cisco Unified Computing System, something that we’re proud to be able to deliver at Comtek.

A next-generation data centre, the Unified Computing System brings together a whole array of different IT technologies, from standard end-user computing through to data storage and virtualisation in a way that has a number of key benefits to the organisation, with the following five being some of the most notable.

1.  It reduces the total cost of ownership

The whole aim of the Unified Computing System is to reduce the amount of money being spent on IT.  Back in 2008, managing networks alone was estimated by Forrester to take up around 70% of a company’s IT budget – that leaves just 30% to cover everything else.

Whilst the system obviously won’t completely remove any related expenditure, what it will do is greatly reduce how much money needs to be allocated to the IT areas it covers.

2.  It improves business agility

Over the last decade, almost every organisation will have had to adapt in some way to changing requirements, such as by having bigger and better IT systems to manage the growing amount of data we’re processing.

Whilst being able to adapt to change is a necessity, the unfortunate truth is that when it comes to IT, so many businesses are simply not able to do so quickly, efficiently or cost-effectively enough.

However, through the use of Cisco’s Unified Computing System, business agility is improved significantly, making IT development headaches essentially a thing of the past.

3.  It increases staff productivity

The older technology gets, the less efficient it is – and the less efficient it is, the lower the productivity levels are from the staff using them.

Linked in with the fact business agility will be improved significantly, the more your organisation can stay up-to-date with the latest IT advances, the more you’ll get from your staff, which in turn will have a positive impact on your bottom line.

4.  It makes scalability easy

All organisations are growing in some way, shape or form.  It might not necessarily be visible (such as through increased staff numbers), but we’re all needing to expand our businesses (a prime example is through data – simply put, the longer we’re in business, the more space we need to store the growing amount of data being processed).

Like business agility, system scalability can be particularly problematic for many organisations, but with the Unified Computing System in place, you greatly reduce any potential problems (there is, for instance, the ability to add over 300 discrete servers and thousands of virtual servers easily).

5.  It bridges the gap between business requirements and IT capabilities

One of the most difficult things organisations have been faced with over the years has been the battle between having an IT system that meets their business requirements, but which is simple and easy to manage, as well as being cost-effective.

In many scenarios, businesses have had to settle for one or the other – an IT system that does what they want, but which isn’t within their budget or a system that does come within budget, but which doesn’t meet all of their requirements.

Through the use of Cisco’s Unified Computing System, you can essentially have both.  Utilising a range of technologies within it, its versatility and capabilities means it can deliver both on budget and as per expectations every single time.

As an experienced IT support Durham company, we offer a vast array of different products and services, all with the aim of improving business performance – and we strongly believe that the Unified Computing System from Cisco is a prime example of a product that can do this perfectly.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.